|Project Consultancy for Distribution Projects of Nigeria‘s National Integrated Power Project|
The integrated power project was conceptualised by the President as an intervention project to comprehensively address the state of electricity infrastructure in the country.
In order to ensure that the generated power reaches every corner of the country the Government has decided to embark on massive reinforcement and extension of the distribution network by constructing new 132 / 33KV injection substations, new 33KV and 11KV lines, rehabilitation of some existing 11KV lines, as well as the construction of various numbers of HVDS clusters of concrete pole mounted transformers in the village communities throughout the country, particularly in village communities around the seven new pow er plants in the Niger Delta area.
APTEC - Service
APTEC was contracted as the Project Consultant of the Government for the D istribution in the Niger Delta Area.
The following are the services rendered:
- Project Management and related functions
- Review and Engineering design
- Assist in EPC Contract Award
- EPC Contract Negotiations
- Procurement monitoring and acceptance (FAT)
- Site erection supervision
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning approval
- Project management „Owners Engineer“ duties
- Training Program
- Technical support during Defects Liability Period (12 months)
|Client||Federal Ministry of Power and Steel|
|Execution Period||2006 - 2008|
|September 2006||Commencement of Consultancy|
- EPC Contractor: Pekab International Ltd.
- Sites: Ogoja, Itigidi, Obudu, Ugep, Okuku, Obubra, Edibia and Ikom
- Sites: Ikot-Nyong, Diamond, Esuk – Utan, Old Crutech and Amika
- Sites: Onna, Etinam, Ibesikpo, Abak, Ikot Abasi and Ikot Akama
- Sites: Bori, Borokiri, Eastern by – pass, Eleme and Oyigbo
- Sites: Abuloma, Eliozu, Orazi, Sch. Of Health Tech. and Woji
- Sites: Abua, Ahoada, Elele, Elieta, Isiokpo and Omoku
- Sites: Abonnema, Degema, Gbarain / Ubie, Opolo, Ovom and Sw ali