|Training for Electrical Utilities Distribution and Transmission|
The integrated power project was conceptualised by the President as an intervention project to comprehensively address the state of electricity infrastructure in the country. The NIPP is designed as a fast-track approach to improving the nation‘s electricity power supply through the implementation of Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Gas Supply projects.
The main thrust of the project is the design, manufacture and supply of seven new Gas Turbine Power Plants with the provision for conversion to combined-cycle operation. The Power Plants are to be managed under the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC).
The NDPHC has identified the need to train its management to the requirements of modern day Project Management and Electrical Utility Company techniques.
APTEC - Service
APTEC was contracted for executing the training programme for NDPHC management personnel. A total of 4 candidates are to be trainined in a two week intensive and high powered course in the United Kingdom.
The following are the services rendered:
- Assist in Visa and Travel Documentation
- Supply of Flight Tickets, Hotel Accommodation, Meet and Greet Services, Airport Pick-up and in-country transportation.
- Implement 2-week training course
- Conduct Site Visits
- Provide Course software and training materials
- Certify the trainees and give feedback to Client
|Client||Niger Delta Power Holding Company|
|Execution Period||2006 - 2007|
|Location||Nottingham, United Kingdom|
|September 2006||Contract Award|
- Introduction & Orientation
- System Planning
- Despatch and Scheduling
- Overview of Working Safely & Risk Assessments
- Elements of a Power System
- Distribution Site Visit
- HV Network Design & Planning
- Distribution Analysing System Performance
- Asset Management & Maintenance Performance
- Management Principles
- Project Management