|Project Consultancy for Power Plants in the National Integrated Power Project of Nigeria|
The integrated power project was conceptualised by the President as an intervention project to comprehensively address the state of electricity infrastructure in the country. The NIPP is designed as a fast-track approach to improving the nation‘s electricity power supply through the implementation of Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Gas Supply projects.
The main thrust of the project is the design, manufacture and supply of seven new Gas Turbine Power Plants with the provision for conversion to combined-cycle operation.
APTEC is Project Consultant for five of the seven power plants.
APTEC - Service
APTEC was contracted as the Project Consultant of the Government for four of the power plants being built.
The following are the services rendered:
- Assist in EPC Contract Award
- Engineering design vetting
- Procurement monitoring and acceptance (FAT)
- Site erection supervision
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning approval
- Project management „Owners Engineer“ duties
- Technical support during Defects Liability Period (12 months)
|Client||Federal Ministry of Power and Steel|
|Execution Period||2005 - 2008|
|Location||4 sites in the Niger Delta|
|Expression of Interest||June 2005|
|Contract Award||December 2005|
|Commencement of Consultancy||February 2006|