Site Civil Engineer for major Construction Contracts - Nigeria
Reference: AETS 091010
Salary: Highly Neg.
APTEC Engineering, as a PCM (Project Management Consultancy) within the Power Generation sector of the Nigerian economy, requires a Civil Engineer Manager for our projects in Nigeria
Brief Description of Duties:
- Monitoring progress throughout the construction process comparing this with the projected schedule of work, Engineering drawings, applicable codes, standards, best practice and construction methods
- Provide recommendations and support to the PC Site Manager regarding how any discrepancies can be rectified
- Liaise with the Client and Contractor’s site agents throughout the process
- Identify discrepancies between the construction drawings and other documents and what is constructed
- Minimum of 2 Major Construction Projects, one of which should have been in the Power Generation Sector, including minimum of three years at Site Engineer level
- Fluent in written and spoken English and capable of preparing detailed work progress and discrepancy reports.
- BSc or HNC in Civil Engineering plus membership of COREN is a necessity
- Computer literacy with comprehensive experience of MS Office (Word, Excel). Experience in the utilisation of MS Project and CAD would be beneficial
When applying for the position, please send a CV/resume in Microsoft word format, as plain as possible, with as much information related to the position with regards to duties, to email@example.com. State your marital status, dependants and current income.