APTEC offers to its client’s complete project management services on a turn-key basis from feasibility studies to commissioning. APTEC is well equipped with experience, know-how and competent personnel to perform project management services for any project of any complexity and size. APTEC has, over the years, developed procedures to exercise effective control over engineering, procurement and construction activities of the contractors.
APTEC’s project management expertise ensures completion of projects on time, with the specified quality and within budget. APTEC has competent personnel available in Nigeria who are well conversed in local conditions and who have vast experience in monitoring and controlling engineering, procurement and construction activities of the contractors on various projects in Nigeria.
The project management services are usually divided into pre-contract and post-contract services as explained below:
Pre-EPC Contract Award Services
These services comprise, among others:
- Site visits and data collection
- Basic / preliminary engineering
- Equipment specifications
- Time Schedule
- Bill of Materials
- Scope of work
- Tender Documents for EPC contract comprising drawings (basic engineering), specifications, scope of work, price schedules, time schedule, conditions of contract and instructions to bidders
- Tender evaluation and recommendations for award of contract
- Contract negotiations
- Preparation of contract documents
Post-EPC Contract Award Services
- Review of Contractor’s Project Control and Quality System Documentation: Work programme, mobilisation plan, project quality plan, HSE plan, Inspection plan, work procedures, material control, document control, reporting system
- Progress monitoring and progress reports for the client
- Management of contractor’s claims and issue of variation orders
- Coordination of project activities with other organisations
- Design engineering supervisory services: checking and approval of contractor’s drawings and designs
- Procurement supervisory services: Review of contractor’s purchasing control, monitoring of contractor’s purchasing activities, approval of vendors, material control and expediting, inspection and testing,
- Construction Supervision comprising : compliance by the contractor to the contract specifications and approved procedures, quality control of contractor’s construction works, certification of work done, attending to site queries, issue of site instructions to the contractor, interface control, maintaining site records, monitoring contractor’s resources, witnessing commissioning test and setting to work.